Thursday, May 13, 2010

Talking Animals

A common element of many fantasy and general fiction stories is the speech of animals. When we have pets, they become almost human to us. And us such, we tend to wonder what they might be thinking. Once, I tried to evangelize my cat. I wonder if it worked.

I've also often wondered what cats do when they're on their own. I dreamed of putting a camera on my cat's head, and recording his daily activities. I never did it. But someone else did, and wrote about their results. Number one thing that pets do when you're gone: look out the window.

Anyway, I think someone recently did a pretty good job of translating inter-cat communications about territory rights: What do you think?



Here's another one --- catnip explained:




Dogs aren't exempt from translation efforts:




And every now and then, an animal makes translation unnecessary, and just tells it like it is:





But what could it mean???

No comments:

Post a Comment